What/who the hell is Soul Reaper?
Soul Reaper is a self-proclaimed "Soul Harvesting Badass" wielding epic loot and slashing bushes down the mysterious Vault.
It's a not-so-serious retro rogue-lite RPG with monster-catching mechanics and deep loot and skill systems.
Take control of the one and only Soul Reaper, a power-hungry skeleton whose thirst for souls leads him to a mysterious cave called The Vault, where there are more than enough souls to go around. But getting those souls may not be so easy when they belong to wasps with a gatling gun. Or sharks that breathe fire. Or a knife-wielding squirrels...? It's a fitting place for a talking skeleton with a bone to pick.
Some games that Soul Reaper might remind you of are...
- Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow (Kill monsters, get souls!)
- Diablo: (Loot with more stats than you can shake a '+50% stick-shaking' stick at)
- The Legend of Zelda: (Top-down navigation style complete with bush-whacking action)
- Final Fantasy: (Side view turn-based combat)
- Lufia II: (This one might escape some youngsters, but if you remember "the Ancient Cave", you know what you're in for!)
- Pokemon: (Once you're hooked on soul-collecting, you'll wanna reap 'em all)